Friday, July 09, 2004

Respite

I love to lounge. I love to lounge so that I may think of all the possibilities of my life. I hate that I am unable to lounge often because of my work and life schedule. The job and bills that need to be paid require that I work 6 days a week. Three kids and a significant other and home life require all the rest of my time somewhat. So it is not often that I have the luxury of respite.

When I go on vacation I often do so by myself. I go to very far off lands to get away from the stresses of home. My last vacation was South Africa, and I was very relaxed on the trip because of the sights I took in, and because of the needed rest that I got when staying in luxurious hotels. Room service also provided for a respite from the constant cooking I seem to do. To have someone else cook and serve food to me was and is heaven.

I am able to contemplate thoughts when I am on vacation that cannot easily enter my mind when I am in my everyday life. Lounging during vacation is obligatory, however during regular life it is almost impossible. Respite allows me to conjure, think clearly, reminisce, daydream, and set goals. It is a rejuvenating time. When I am not able to pause, to rejuvenate, I am frustrated. I know during the hectic times when I am unable to get a quiet moment I may be losing precious thoughts that could have been captured and turned into realities. These thoughts are the seeds for my becoming a better person, mother, and friend.

Respite is what I need to re-group and become better person. I must always be on the path for becoming a better person and must carve out a niche that allows for pausing. Lounging rejuvenates my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in NewsGator Online
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >