Saturday, June 25, 2005

Something amiss

I sit and ponder why I have such a restless feeling. Things are going as smoothly as they can, at the moment. Everyone is relatively happy and healthy as am I, but I have the feelings of things not accomplished. My routine is the same every day. Work 12 hours with a 2.5 hour round trip commute just to be able to pay bills and put away a little something. The end of the fiscal year for the job is coming up June 30th and everyone is waiting to exhale as to whether they will be employed come the first of July. Many think of the severance package: 2 weeks base pay for every year of service. For me that would be a nice package, and following behind that will be, if needed because I haven't found work, applying for unemployment. Per the move to Jersey, the unemployment rate is much higher than the rate for New York, so that will a offer a little solace. But what of the pounding the pavement trying to find a new gig. The thought of it is draining. Every year during this time comes the awareness of fiscal uncertainty for the company for which I work. The trickle down effect of firing/laying-off-to-never-be re-hired workers who are deemed expendable by the powers-that-be so that they may get their six figure bonuses is disturbing. And to think this corporate greed can turn my life upside down has me at an imbalance. I trudge ahead, but am always aware of the possibilities of that dreaded spiel, "We think you are a wonderful employee and am sorry to inform you that because of ...."

I forge ahead knowing I can survive whatever comes my way. I think?

6 Comments:

Blogger Radmila said...

It's called waiting for the other shoe to drop.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Fresh said...

I hope it was just an air of restlessness and everything is fine now.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Its Me! said...

Change isn't a bad thing and it is way better to be laid off than fired. Though, admittedly, it is hard to leave the security of a job that is comfortable and familiar to venture off into the wild blue and all that. IF you feel restless, a forced change could turn out to be pretty exciting...especially since you seem to be quite capable if one can read anything from another's blog (and I believe you can)! So in summary, no matter which way it goes, you come out on top! That's my take anyways.

BTW,I wanted to let my blogmarkers know that I have added all the history to The Bitter Christian now in the archives. just in case you were, you know, curious. about why I'm a bitter christian and all. That is if you didn't read it all in my last blog. Then you can just go ahead and ignore this 'comment' post.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Trina Slade-Burks said...

As a former Bronxite to another Bronxite, I want to say taht I have been there & hang in.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Its Me! said...

Hey, come back....

2:52 AM  
Blogger Rizoh said...

i usually get worried whenever things are going so smoothly

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in NewsGator Online
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >